Chicken Lininggil is a type of dry curry from the province of Maguindanao, Philippines prepared with chicken, string beans and chillies cooked in palapa, turmeric, chicken liver and coconut milk.
- 1 kg free range chicken, cut into sections
- 1 small bunch string beans
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup liver spread or mashed chicken liver
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 3 pcs birds eye chillies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 small shallots, sliced sibuyas
- 1 thumb sized ginger, sliced
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup palapa
- Using a mortar and pestle (better method) or a food processor combine all spice blend recipes and process until it becomes a paste. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, once oil start to smoke add and brown chicken pieces on all sides. Once browned remove chicken from the wok then set it aside.
- Lower the heat, add more oil then the palapa, sauté until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, then continue to stir fry until tomatoes are soft.
- Pour the coconut milk then add the chicken, liver, and chillies, bring heat to medium then let it boil.
- Once boiling put heat to low then cover the wok, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the string beans, bring heat to high, then cook while mixing occasionally until liquid has almost dried up and string beans are tender, around 5 minutes.
- Season with salt if needed, turn the heat off then serve.