Matcha Sugar Cookies is a type of cookie made with sugar, matcha, flour, butter, eggs, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda known for its tender insides with crisp edges
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Sift together dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, set aside
- In a separate large mixing bowl cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar using a mixer until fluffy and light in colour.
- Add the vanilla and egg and mix well until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined, make sure you do not over mix the dough otherwise it would be hard.
- Place the white sugar in a shallow bowl, set it aside.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop the dough and form cookie dough balls with roughly 2 tbsp of the dough. Using your hands in forming them into spherical shapes.
- Gently roll each ball in the sugar bowl until completely covered.
- Place the dough balls into a baking paper lined baking tray leaving 2 inches in between them bake on a 180C pre heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges turn slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Great for Christmas and Chinese New Year, coming soon! I’m not into matcha though.
I would love to have one too :-))
Beautiful cookies. The earthy matcha will perfectly balance their sweetness, too.
This is exactly the cookie I’ve had on my wish list, too! I’m glad you beat me too it though because yours look delicious.
I’m making these as soon as we get back from Spain. Mark loved matcha and I can’t wait to surprise him with these!