Bihongke is a noodle soup dish from the Southern Tagalog Region of the Philippines prepared with bihon noodles, chicken, vegetables and sometimes eggs.
- 2 cups Flaked Chicken Meat (cooked)
- 250 g good quality bihon noodles
- 24 pcs quail eggs, boiled and shelled
- 1 cup rehydrated wood ear fungus, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 small shallots, chopped
- 2 litres chicken stock (you can use the stock from boiling the chicken you just flaked)
- 4 stalks spring onions, chopped, to garnish
- fish sauce
- white ground pepper
- fried garlic
- In a pot add oil and sauté garlic and shallots.
- Pour the chicken stock then add the wood ear fungus, bring to a boil.
- Add flaked chicken and noodles then cook for 6 minutes. Add additional stock if needed.
- Finally add the carrots and quail eggs to the soup, turn off the heat, season with fish sauce and white ground pepper the top with toasted garlic and chopped spring onions