Sticky Asian Baked Pork Ribs is an Asian inspired barbecue pork ribs baked until fall of the bone, finished off with a Sweet and Savoury Sticky Style Sauce
- 1 1/2 kg baby back pork ribs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Sweet Sticky Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- toasted sesame seeds
- spring onions, chopped
- Combine all dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pat the rub mixture all over the pork ribs.
- Cover ribs with baking paper then cover and seal it with aluminium foil.
- Place the ribs meat side up in a baking tray then bake in a 150C preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- While baking prepares for the sticky sauce, place all ingredients in a saucepan, place over medium heat, bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove pork from oven, open the foil on top then brush the ribs with the Sweet Sticky Sauce. Set oven to broil or grill, then broil/grill for 2-3 minutes and then brush with sauce again. Broil/grill an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce starts to caramelize.
- Garnish with left over sauce, sesame seeds, and sliced green onions.
I love them, but don’t eat them because of the sugary bbq sauce. It’s a torment for me.
That rub and sauce would be pure gold on any protein!
These are on the menu for Sunday night! They are so different from the ribs that I make (which I plan to post sometime in the next couple of months). The sticky sauce sounds just perfect. I’ll let you know how they come out!
Raymund – these were just wonderful. They are super easy to make and the flavors are incredible. I can’t wait to make them again! Thank you!