Cream of Chicken Soup is a soup dish prepared by reducing chicken broth and thickening it with roux, additional ingredients may be added such a vegetables and chicken chunks.
- In a soup pot add a small amount of oil then sweat the garlic, onions, celery and carrots.
- Once vegetables turn brown on the edges pour water and add the chicken bones. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Prepare a separate pot then using a fine mesh sieve, strain the stock into the clean pot separating the solids, set solids aside.
- Place pot into a stove top then continue to simmer in medium heat until the stock is reduced to around 8 cups.
- For the discarded solids, extract chicken meat from the bones and set it aside. Separate also the cooked celery and carrots.
- In another pot, melt the butter in low heat, add the flour then mix to form a roux. Once roux is thick and well incorporated gently pour the reserved reduced stock while constantly mixing, making sure it’s free of lumps. Bring to a boil then lower to simmering heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the cream, add the chicken meat and vegetables reserved earlier and the chopped parsley, mix well then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.