Ham & Cheese Cauliflower Fritters as the name suggest is a fritter dish that is made with cauliflower, ham, bacon and cheese, served as a side dish, starter or even as snack.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, approx. 400 grams, cut into florets
- 1/2 cups ham, roughly chopped
- 3 strips bacon rashers, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- Boil water in a pot enough to cook the cauliflower, once boiling add cauliflower then cook for 5 minutes. Remove from pot, drain then set is aside.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor then process until finely chopped. Remove cauliflower from the food processor then place it in a paper towel lined plate, place another paper towel on top then let is sit for 30 minutes, this makes sure the paper towel absorbs the extra moisture.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl then add the eggs, cheese, ham, bacon, flour, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Line a platter with wax/baking paper. Using 4 tablespoons of the mixture at a time, form into small patties (5 inches in diameter and ½ inch thick) then place it on the platter, this will make around 8 patties. Refrigerate patties for an hour to firm up.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat, add and heat oil for pan frying. Gently place the cauliflower patties then cook for 4-5 minutes per side until nicely browned.
- Remove from pan then place in a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil, serve while hot.