Ramen Eggs or Ajitsuke Tamago are jammy Eggs that has a sweet, salty and umami taste from the spiced soy sauce marinade, a key ingredient usually served with ramen.
- Prepare you marinade by combining all marinade ingredients in a container. Set it aside
- In a saucepan pour enough water for boiling your eggs, eggs should be 1 inch below the surface of the water. Add the salt and vinegar (this is to prevent the egg whites from running out if there’s any cracking of eggs while cooking). Bring it to a boil, once it starts to boil put heat medium, this stops the boiling but sill bubbling.
- Gently lower a room temperature egg (not cold) then cook for 6 1/2 minutes nothing more, nothing less. Remove the eggs immediately then place it on a bowl with running cold water, leave it for 5 minutes to cool down.
- Carefully peel eggs then once peeled gently put it into the container filled with marinade. Let the eggs marinate for at least 12 hours for best results.
- Remove egg from marinade, slice in half then serve with Ramen Noodles