Chipas or Chipá is a popular snack and breakfast food in Paraguay made simply with tapioca flour, cheese and milk.
- In a mixing bowl combine tapioca flour, baking powder and salt then mix well.
- Add in the cheese and butter.
- Add in the eggs and continue to mix gently with your hands until dough has formed.
- Pour milk a tablespoon at a time then continue to knead, dough should be lightly moist if not just add a bit of milk.
- Using your hand roll into small balls then place on baking paper lined baking tray. Place in a 190C preheated oven then bake for 15 minutes or until the chipas are slightly browned.
- Serve while hot.