Sauteed Mixed Mushrooms is a simple yet flavourful vegetarian dish of button mushrooms, farmers brown mushrooms, oyster mushrooms and portobello mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and tons of garlic
- 200 g oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 200 g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g farmers brown mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- In a heavy pan heat half of the olive oil then add mushrooms, cook in high heat without stirring until browned on one side. Remove mushrooms from the pan.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining olive oil, in medium heat sauté garlic until fragrant. Add the mushrooms back then toss and cook for 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked.
- Stir in rice vinegar and tamari then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, give it a final toss then turn the heat off.
- Place mushrooms on serving platter, garnished with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy as a side dish or with freshly baked baguette.