Tofu Pinakbet is a variety of the Filipino vegetable dish, but instead of the usual proteins used on the dish fried tofu squares are used.
- 250 g fried tofu
- 150 shrimps, shelled
- 2 small Asian eggplant, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch string beans, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 300g okra, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 squash or buttercup, sliced roughly 1 inch
- 1 large bitter melon, sliced
- 2 pcs tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp bagoong monamon / isda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- In a pan sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes in oil.
- Add squash and okra continuously pan frying for 2 minutes, bring the heat to low and cover for 5 minutes
- Add string beans, bitter melon and eggplants pan fry pan fry for additional 2 minutes.
- Add water, sugar, tofu, shrimps, bagoong monamon, cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes in medium heat until vegetables are cooked.
- Season with pepper add fish sauce/salt if needed.