Piper Donuts is definitely an interesting way of pan frying these delicious piper fish, similar method like the usual fried fish but these ones are shaped like those irresistable round fried bread.
- 20 pcs piper fish, gutted
- 1/2 cup flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- lime, to serve
- Pierce through a small hole near the tail are of each fish, carefully bend the body towards tail making sure the bones don’t bread then insert beak through the hole.
- Place fish in a large flat platter, season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the flour in a plate then gently lightly coat the fish with the flour, set it aside.
- Prepare a pan for shallow frying, heat oil and once hot pan fry the fish in medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, then serve with fresh lime on the side.