Sambal Belachan Stir Fried Vegetables is a simple vegetable dish stir fried with aromatics in a rich sauce made with chillies and shrimp paste.
- 1/2 small cauliflower, sliced
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 pc red capsicum, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/3 cup rehydrated wood ear mushroom, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5 pcs red chilies, seeded and sliced
- 10 pcs shallots or 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp, rehydrated and drained
- 1 inch cube belacan
- 1/4 cup water
- In a food processor blend together sauce ingredients until it becomes a paste.
- In a wok add heat oil then sauté the spice paste in medium heat for 4 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower and wood ear mushrooms then stir fry for a minute, add a bit of water, cover wok then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery and red capsicum, stir fry for two minutes, cover the wok then cook for 2 minute.
- Add the Chinese cabbage then stir fry for two minutes, cover the wok then cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.
The sauce would be great for chicken too.
Eye-pleasing and tasty stir-fry with some great flavours!
Nice way to chuff up a veggie stir fry!
We fry a lot of vegetables in sambal belacan…but not the ones in your dish! LOL!!!
Now you’re talking my language with this dish! It looks so fresh, colorful, and flavorful. I could eat like this all the time. 🙂