Mushroom and Truffle Soup is a simple rich soup prepared with mixed mushrooms and truffles cooked with vegetable stock, milk and cream.
- 200 g farmers brown mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped truffles
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 tbsp flour (or you can adjust to the consistency you desire)
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp truffle butter
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- truffle salt
- truffle slices, to serve
- In a pot, melt half of the truffle butter in low heat. Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan then set aside.
- Add the remaining truffle butter over the pan then sprinkle flour over pan and mix.
- Add vegetable broth to deglaze, then add milk. Bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Place mushrooms and chopped truffles in a blender and add a small amount of the creamy broth.
- Blend until mushrooms are finely chopped.
- Pour blended mushrooms in the pan and simmer for additional 15 minutes.
- Add cream and nutmeg then simmer for 5 more minutes
- Then finally, season with truffle salt and pepper, serve with truffle slices on top.