Mushroom and Truffle Soup is a simple rich soup prepared with mixed mushrooms and truffles cooked with vegetable stock, milk and cream.
- 200 g farmers brown mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped truffles
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 tbsp flour (or you can adjust to the consistency you desire)
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp truffle butter
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- truffle salt
- truffle slices, to serve
- In a pot, melt half of the truffle butter in low heat. Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan then set aside.
- Add the remaining truffle butter over the pan then sprinkle flour over pan and mix.
- Add vegetable broth to deglaze, then add milk. Bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Place mushrooms and chopped truffles in a blender and add a small amount of the creamy broth.
- Blend until mushrooms are finely chopped.
- Pour blended mushrooms in the pan and simmer for additional 15 minutes.
- Add cream and nutmeg then simmer for 5 more minutes
- Then finally, season with truffle salt and pepper, serve with truffle slices on top.
I absolutely love truffles, but I don’t cook with them very often. Adding ’em to a mushroom soup sounds like a great idea – this is total cold weather comfort food!
This is so beautiful, creamy, and decadent! Definitely a recipe we will love. Actually, just looked at your regular mushroom soup and that looks fantastic, too. Just love mushrooms!
The soup looks so very creamy! Love truffle salt and truffle butter 🙂
So hearty, simple yet elegant and delicious – this must be so flavourful!