Wok Inn Squid is a famous dish from the famous restaurant in Malate called Wok Inn, a simple deep fried lightly coated squid stuffed with chives then served on a savoury sweet sauce.
- 3 pcs large squid
- 2 large bunches chives, roots trimmed off
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- freshly ground black pepper
Soy Glaze Sauce
- Rub salt and pepper inside and outside the squid.
- Stuff enough chives on the cavity of each squid then close the ends with a toothpick.
- Dredge squid in cornstarch then deep fry each squid for 3 minutes, do not overcook squid will become tough.
- While waiting for the squid to cook, prepare your sauce. In a sauce pan heat oil then sauté garlic and ginger in low heat.
- In a bowl combine remaining Soy Glaze Sauce ingredients, mix it well making sure it is free of lumps.
- Pour mixture in a sauce pan, bring it to a boil them simmer in medium heat until sauce had reduced and it thick in consistency. Turn heat off then set it aside.
- Once all of the squid are cooked, remove from fryer score the squid, remove the toothpicks then pour sauce on top and sprinkle some fried garlic.