Tikoy Turon is a type of snack prepared with a Chinese sweet rice cake called tikoy wrapped with spring roll pastry then deep fried.
- 12 pcs 4 x 3/4-inch thick Tikoy slices
- 12 Sheets of Lumpia Wrapper
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- oil, for deep frying
- In a wok add enough oil for deep frying, heat oil to 180C.
- Place tikoy slices at the centre of lumpia wrapper.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar on top of tikoy.
- Fold sides of wrapper and roll tightly then dab edges with water then seal the wrapper.
- Repeat process until you finish all the tikoy slices.
- Gently place tikoy turon into the oil filled wok then cook until golden brown in colour.