Ube Cinnamon Rolls is a type of Cinnamon Rolls filled with sweet ube jam and cinnamon then topped with ube flavoured sweetened cream cheese
- 3 cups high grade flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Ube Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp ube flavcol
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm milk in a with a tsp of sugar in a large bowl. Let it froth.
- In large mixing bowl add the rest of the dough ingredients. Mix well until incorporated then add the milk mixture, using the dough hook continue to mix for 10 minutes until combined. Dough should form into a nice ball and be slightly sticky, if it is still stick add 2 tbps of flour
- Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling wrap then place in a warm location letting it rise for an hour or until it doubles on size. To get even softer result, once the dough had risen, you can proof the dough by placing it overnight in a refrigerator still on the bowl with cling wrap cover.
- Roll the dough in a lightly floured surface then flatten it to approximately 16 x 12 inches in size.
- Spread the ube jam evenly on the top of the dough, then spread the butter, then the macapuno and finally sprinkle it evenly the cinnamon.
- Roll the dough carefully from the long edge down to the bottom edge.
- Slice the dough into 1 1/2-inch slices and place in a lightly greased pan. Cover it with damp cloth then let it double in size, around 30-45 minutes.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While rolls are baking prepare your Ube Cream Cheese Icing by combining all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer mix it until smooth and well combined.
- Remove rolls from the oven, spread a generous amount of icing on top then serve.