Garlic & Herb Grilled Eggplant is a perfect summertime barbecue side dish made with eggplant slices lightly grilled then served with a garlic vinaigrette dressing.
- 2 large eggplants
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Slice eggplants into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Generously salt the eggplants and let it draw the moisture out for 15 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, remove the salt and moisture from the eggplant slices then set it aside.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Dip each slice into the marinade then place it in a prepared barbecue grill.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side brushing it with the marinade once if it dried out. Remove from the grill, arrange in a serving platter, drizzle lemon juice on top then serve.