Egg Tofu, Prawns and Peas in Silky Egg Sauce is a dish of Pan-Fried Egg Tofu cooked together with peas and prawns in a thick egg savoury gravy.
Tofu and Prawns
- 2 tubes silken egg tofu, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 12 pcs prawns, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 pcs egg
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 pcs spring onions, sliced, green and white sections separated
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- ground white pepper
- In a large non-stick pan heat oil then shallow fry egg tofu until golden on both sides. Remove from pan then set it aside.
- Using the same pan remove all but 2 tbps of oil then sauté garlic and white sections of spring onions.
- Combine all sauce ingredients then pour it into the pan, bring it to a boil.
- Add tofu, prawns and peas and cook for two minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water, pour it into the pan, bring back to a boil then let it thicken.
- Break and add the two eggs, gently stir the egg into the sauce to incorporate. Add green parts of spring onions. Turn heat off then serve.