Korean Sweet Soy-Glazed Potatoes is a type of Korean side dish (banchan) prepared by frying potatoes then glazing it with a reduction of soy sauce, water, fish sauce, finely grated garlic and sugar.
- 300 g baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a pan heat enough oil for shallow frying potatoes. Add potatoes then cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until edges turn light golden brown.
- Remove but 3 tablespoons of oil from the pan, leave the potatoes in the pan as well.
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients then pour it into the pan with potatoes. Bring heat to medium then slowly reduce the sauce until thick in consistency. Distribute sauce evenly to coat potatoes.
- Bring heat to high to reduce sauce to a caramel consistency, give it a good mix then turn the heat off.
- Drizzle sesame oil on top, then serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds.