Crispy Skin Fish Steaks with Cherry Tomatoes and Capers is a simple pan-fried snapper with crispy skin and juicy insides, served with reduction of anchovy and caper infused olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Season snapper fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper, set it aside
- In a heavy non-stick pan heat 1/4 cup olive oil then pan fry snapper fillets skin side down in medium-high heat until skin turns crispy around five minutes. Turn fish to the other side then continue to pan fry for 3 more minutes or until cooked. Remove fish from the pan then set it aside.
- Using the same pan add the shallots and cook in low heat until soft.
- Add the remaining olive oil then toss in the anchovies, tomatoes and capers. Cook while stirring until tomatoes are blistered. Add the vinegar, bring heat to high then cook for a minute. Turn heat off.
- Place fillets on a serving platter, drizzle red wine vinegar sauce on top with capers and cherry tomatoes. Serve with lemon on the side.