Tandoori Gobi Tikka is an Indian dish of cauliflower seasoned with tons of herbs and spices then cooked in a tandoori oven until charred on the edges.
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves (crushed)
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- In a large bowl add the cauliflower florets and salt, pour boiling water, cover the bowl then let it blanch for 5 minutes.
- Drain, then rinse in running tap water to cool florets down, set it aside.
- Prepare your marinade, mix all marinate ingredients in a large bowl, add the cauliflower florets then mix it well coating every piece and crevice of the cauliflower. Place bowl in the refrigerator then let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Turn on your oven to grill setting then grill cauliflower florets until lightly charred and cooked, around 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven then serve.
Oooooo…I know I’d love this!!! I so love Indian cuisine!!!
Indian cauliflower recipes are the best. THE BEST! And this one looks so flavorful. Good stuff — thanks.
I love cauliflowers, but my stomach doesn’t 🙁
We’ve been eating a lot of cauliflower lately as part of our holiday detox…this sounds like a tasty way to mix things up a bit! Love the flavors here, Raymund!
I love cauliflower no matter how you cook it , but this looks especially delicious! Those spices must simply sing together!
We just bought a cauliflower specifically to make this dish. This is right down our alley, and will be our main course with some rice and raita on the side. I have a feeling it will become a regular in our household! (And I think it’s a great idea for an hors d’oeuvre before an Indian dinner.)