Sichuan Spicy Wonton in Red Oil is a Chinese dish of delicious and mouth-watering wontons served in oil infused with Sichuan peppercorns and black vinegar.
- 40 large wonton wrappers
- 300 g minced pork (25% fat)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp ground Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 tsp finely chopped spring onions
- pinch white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chilli oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Sichuan peppercorn
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chinkiang vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic, grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- chopped coriander
- Prepare sauce, in a sauce pan combine together chilli oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, Sichuan peppercorn and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes in very low heat until oil has warmed up. Turn off the heat then add the
- Chinkiang vinegar and spring onions, set it aside.
- Prepare wontons, combine all wonton ingredients apart from the wonton wrappers. Mix it well.
- Get a piece of wonton wrapper then add a teaspoon of the wonton meat mixture, place it in the middle then let the edges meet in between then seal. Do it with the rest of the remaining mixture.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, cook wontons in batches, 20 at a time. Stir gently to prevent them from sticking at the bottom, cook until wontons float. Place cooked 10 pcs wontons on a serving bowl, add two to three tablespoons of water used from boiling then top it with two to three tablespoons of the chilli oil prepared earlier, garnish with chopped coriander then serve.