Strawberry Muffins is a type of sweet quick bread leavened with baking powder and baking soda filled with strawberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled down
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, trimmed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- few drops of red food colour
- Roughly chop strawberries, set it aside.
- Sift together into the mixing bowl all-purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and butter.
- Mix in low speed until well incorporated. Do not over beat otherwise you muffin will be dense.
Fold in the strawberries
- Pour mixture in a prepared 12-hole muffin pan with muffin cups then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until risen and just starting to turn golden on top.
- Remove from oven, then let it cool down.
- Prepare the glaze by combine all ingredients until smooth, adding enough milk for desired glaze consistency.
- Drizzle glaze on top of muffin then serve.