Thai Prawn and Squash Curry is a Thai inspired red curry dish prepared with prawns and squash with coconut milk, it has all the sweet, salty, hot and sour flavours of a great Thai curry.
- 500 g shelled large prawns, deveined
- 250 g butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white end pounded
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce, to taste
- juice from 1 lime
- white pepper
- chopped coriander, to garnish
- In a wok heat oil over medium heat then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the curry paste and lemongrass then continue to cook until really fragrant.
- Add the butternut squash, half of the coconut milk, water and sugar. Cook for 10 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Put the prawns in together with the remaining coconut milk, add fish sauce to taste and white pepper.
- Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Turn heat off squeeze lime juice on top, place in serving platter garnished with coriander on top.