Spicy Korean Squid and Fried Tofu Stir Fry is a simple Korean inspired stir fry prepared with tofu and squid cooked in gochujang and sesame oil.
- 600 g squid, pineapple cut
- 300 g block firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 2 pcs shallots, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat oil to 180C in a fryer or a large wok.
- Prepare your tofu. In a bowl place cornstarch, dip each tofu cubes into the cornstarch making sure it is coated on all sides. Deep fry coated tofu until golden brown in colour, remove from fryer then set it aside.
- In a pan heat oil then sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add the squid and stir fry for 30 seconds in high heat.
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients then add it to the pan with squid, continue to stir fry until sauce is thickened and squid is cooked.
- Add the tofu and spring onions, stir fry for 30 more seconds or until everything is coated well with the sauce.
- Turn off heat then serve immediately with steamed rice.