Ube Muffins is a type of muffin infused with ube extract and ube halaya topped with a sweet buttery coconut streusel.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp ube flavocol
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled down
- 2 cups ube halaya, cut into small cubes
Sweet Coconut topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Prepare Topping, in a bowl combine all sweet coconut topping ingredients, mix well it should be rough and crumbly in consistency.
- Sift together into the mixing bowl all-purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the eggs, milk, ube flavocol and butter.
- Mix in low speed until well incorporated. Do not over beat otherwise you muffin will be dense.
- Fold in the ube halaya cubes.
- Pour batter in a prepared 12-hole muffin pan with muffin cups, top it with the topping mixture, bake in a 180C preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until risen and just starting to turn golden on top.
- Remove from oven, then set it aside and let it cool down.
- Serve warm.
I just love the colour! The tender crumb and sweet coconut topping are irresistible too.
I had to look up what an Ube is! Glad you gave us link to it on Amazon too. Love these. They look amazing!
Oooh what a beautiful hue in these ube muffins!! They look absolutely scrumptious!
You’re definitely on the roll with all your ube recipes – another one stunning! I love this beautiful purple colour from the inside and this lovely marble effect from the outside!
Hi. Do you possibly have a replacement for the eggs please? My son is allergic but loves ube! Thank you!
You can replace it with either
2 eggs with 1/2 cup yogurt or
2 eggs with 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana