Ube Meringue is a simple sweet dessert made with egg white and ube extract quickly baked in low heat until crisp in texture.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp ube flavocol
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar and salt then beat until stiff.
- Add sugar a tablespoon at a time until while continuously beating at high speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add ube flavocol then mix evenly.
- Place in a piping bag then pipe it on the parchment paper.
- Place meringues in the oven, and then turn it off after 2 minutes. Leave it on the oven for 4 hours.
- Remove from the oven then place on an airtight container.