Honey Beef Rice is a dish from Jollibee which they introduced in the 90’s. It was short-lived but was relaunched this year, a dish of thinly sliced beef cooked in a thick sauce made from soy sauce and honey.
- In a wok over high heat, put around 3 tbsp of oil, once it starts smoking stir fry beef in high heat until brown on both sides. You might need to do this in batches for your meat not to release its juices, it needs a constant high heat. Remove beef from the wok then set it aside.
- Using the same wok add oil then sauté onions in medium heat, stir fry for a minute until the layers of the onions are separated.
- Pour the water to deglaze and bring it to a boil.
- In a bowl combine dissolved flour, soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce and honey, mix it well to combine then pour into the wok. Bring heat to high then let it boil.
- Add the beef back, toss to coat beef evenly with the sauce then simmer in low heat for 15 minutes while covered. Turn the heat off.
- Place freshly cooked rice on bowl, add a good amount of Honey Beef Rice on top then serve.