Ginisang Mustasa is a Filipino vegetable dish of stir-fried mustard greens with egg sauteed with onions, garlic and tomatoes. A perfect side dish to any grilled meats or seafood.
- 2 big bunches mustard greens, trimmed, cleaned and cut into sections
- 2 pcs tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 salted duck egg, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce, to taste
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and onions
- Add the tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add the mustard green and chopped salted egg yolks then stir fry until mustard green is slightly wilted.
- Pour the vegetable or chicken stock, gently add and spread the eggs on top of the vegetable, do not mix. Cover the wok then simmer in high heat for one minute or until eggs are set.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then serve.