Chicken Embutido is a type of sausage made with chicken meat but rather than being wrapped in a casing, it holds in shape by its packaging. Almost similar to meatloaf where it is accompanied by a variety of ingredients such as peppers, raisins, carrots, cheese, bread crumbs and pickles.
- 750 g boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp pickle relish
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, using your hands mix it well
- Divide mixture into 4 then prepare an aluminium foil, place one portion of the mixture into the foil then roll it like a log. Seal edges then do it with the rest.
- Place the wrapped embutido in a steamer and steam for 45 minutes.
- Remove from steamer, let it rest for 5 minutes, remove the aluminium foil casing then slice and arrange on a serving platter then serve.