Adobo de Campesino is an old Filipino adobo variety from Southern Luzon prepared with pork cooked in annatto oil and vinegar with legumes and lots of garlic.
- In a large wok sauté garlic in oil using low heat until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add the annatto powder quicky stir fry it until oil becomes red in colour.
- Bring heat to high, add the pork fry until brown on all sides.
- Pour the water, vinegar and fish sauce then add the peppercorn and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer in low heat for 45 minutes.
- Bring heat to medium, continue to cook pork until dry and starts to fry again. Add the green beans then continue to stir fry with the pork for 5 minutes.
- Add a bit of water to add moisture to the dish then simmer for additional 5 minutes, serve.