Mixed Berries and Chocolate Muffins is a type of muffin prepared with frozen mixed berries like raspberry, blueberry, blackberry and strawberry together with mini chocolate chips then drizzled with melted chocolate bar.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled down
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 180 g creamy chocolate bar (in a water proof packaging), for topping
- Separate smaller berries and place it in a bowl. Roughly chop larger berries then combine it with the smaller berries, set it aside
- Sift together into the mixing bowl all-purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and butter.
- Mix in low speed until well incorporated. Do not over beat otherwise you muffin will be dense.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and mixed berries.
- Pour mixture in a prepared 12-hole muffin pan with muffin cups, then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until risen and just starting to turn golden on top.
- Remove from oven, then set it aside.
- As the muffins cool down, place chocolate bar with wrap in a bowl of boiling hot water, let it melt. Cut a small hole at the edge of the packaging then drizzle melted chocolate on top of muffins.
- Serve while warm.