Crispy Pork Belly Chips is a side dish of thinly sliced pork belly twice cooked first but simmering it in a seasoned broth, cooling it down then deep fried to a very crispy texture.
- Rub sea salt generously on pork belly then cover it tightly with a cling wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least a day.
- Rinse pork in running water making sure all salt has been cleared from the meat.
- Place pork in a pressure cooker, skin side up together with the Knorr liquid seasoning, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves and baking soda.
- Pour the water into the pressure cooker then cook for 20 to 30 minutes (Depending on the thickness of pork belly), your timing should start when the whistle starts to make sound.
- Once the pork is tender remove it from the pressure cooker and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Now once the surface of the pork is dried, rub the vinegar into the skin, place it in a container and refrigerate it for at least 12 hours.
- Prepare a wok filled with oil and heat it up to 180C.
- Slice the pork belly into thin strips, it’s better to do this if your pork is cold so you can easily slice them straight
- Deep fry the pork slices in batch until golden brown.
- Serve with spicy vinegar dip