Rose Tteokbokki is a type of Korean street food where Garae-tteok is slathered in a Rose sauce made by mixing the traditional spicy sauce infused with gochujang and gochugaru with cream or milk making it creamy while toning down the heat.
- 350 g tteokbokki / Garae-tteok
- 2 strip streaky bacon, sliced
- 2 sheets fish cake, sliced
- 6 pcs Vienna sausage
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
- In a pan add oil then cook the streaky bacon until golden brown. Remove from pan then set it aside.
- In the same pan sauté, the garlic and onions in medium heat.
- Pour the cream, milk and soup stock, add the gochujang, gochugaru and brown sugar, mix well to combine and bring it to a slow boil using medium heat.
- Add the tteokbokki then continue to cook in medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the tteokbokki turns soft, add the parmesan cheese, fish cakes, Vienna sausage and eggs.
- Continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Turn heat off then serve topped with parmesan cheese and spring onions.