Tuyong Pinakbet is a Filipino dish of mixed vegetables like eggplants, string beans, okra, squash and bitter melon stir fried with garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- 3 Asian eggplants, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 300 g okra, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 squash or buttercup, sliced roughly 1 inch
- 250 g pork jowl, cubed
- 2 pcs tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp bagoong alamang
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Generously season pork with salt and freshly ground black pepper, set it aside
- In a pan sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes in oil.
- Add pork jowls and brown evenly.
- Add squash and okra continuously pan frying for 2 minutes, bring the heat to low and cover for 5 minutes
- Add eggplants pan fry pan fry for additional 2 minutes.
- Add bagoong monamon give it a good gentle mix to distribute the bagoong. Pour 1/4 cup water then cover and simmer in low heat for 5 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Season with pepper add fish sauce if needed.