Cabbage, Mushroom and Lap Cheong Stir Fry is a simple Chinese inspired stir fry prepared with cabbage and lap cheong as its main ingredient then is accompanied by young corn, mushrooms, spring onions and red pepper.
- 1/2 small cabbage, chopped
- 3 pcs Chinese sausage / Lap cheong, sliced
- 150 g pork jowl, cubed
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 10–12 pcs baby corn, sliced
- 400 g can straw mushroom, drained and sliced in half
- 4 pcs shiitake, rehydrated and sliced
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced white and green parts separated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- In a wok over medium heat add oil then sauté garlic and white parts of spring onions.
- Bring heat to high then add the pork jowls and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until it turns golden brown
- Add the Chinese sausage and stir-fry for 1 minute
- Add the straw mushrooms and shiitake, stir-fry for 1 minute
- Add the cabbage, red capsicum and baby corn, keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine chicken stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sugar and cornstarch, mix until free of lumps then pour into the wok, continue to stir fry until the cabbage wilts and the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt if needed, place in a serving platter then serve.