40 Cloves Garlic Chicken is a classic Provençal dish of chicken pieces pan roasted in olive oil and aromatics together with copious amount of garlic cloves.
- 8 pcs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup full cream milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set it aside.
- In a heavy pan heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken then sear all sides for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown in colour.
- Lower the heat then add the garlic, cook until edges turn light brown.
Increase the heat back to high then add the white wine, let is boil while deglazing the pan. Pour the chicken stock and add the chicken back in together with the thyme and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, cover the pan then simmer in low heat for 25 minutes. Remove the chicken once again from the pan, set it aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and milk, pour this mixture into the pan, add the butter. Whisk the sauce while cooking and once thick add the chicken back in, coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.