Beef Neck Bone Noodle Soup is a simple dish of roasted beef neck bones simmered with vegetables until meat falls of the bones then served with rice noodles, corn, cabbage and spring onions.
- 2 kg beef neck bones
- 1 kg beef marrow bones
- 2 large carrots, cut into sections
- 3 pcs white onion, quartered
- 4 stalks spring onions, cut into sections
- 1 inch piece ginger, pounded
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 10 cups water
- freshly ground black pepper
- Generously season beef neck bones and marrow bones with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a roasting pans and place beef bones in one layer you may need to do this twice if you don’t have a large oven. Place roasting pan in the oven and set on grill with the highest setting. Once top layer turns brown and roasted turn the bones around and brown the other side. Once all beef bones have been browned place it in a soup pot together with the rest of the Beef Broth ingredients.
- Place it over a stove top and bring it to a boil, lower heat to medium low then continue to simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the meat from the neck bones are very tender. While simmering check liquid levels once in a while, topping it up with water if needed. Season with salt.
- Prepare your serving bowls, place a serving of noodles, corn and cabbage. Ladle a good amount of soup then add some neck bones and carrots, top with chopped spring onions then serve with chilli oil on the side.