Strawberry Chocolate Chip Thumbprint Cookies is a type of cookie prepared with basic cookie dough which contains flour, sugar, butter, eggs and baking soda studded with chopped chocolate chips and a drop of strawberry jam in the middle.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another bowl mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla in the butter sugar mixture, whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture with the flour mixture and using a spatula mix until combined, dough will be soft but thick. Fold the chocolate chunks.
- Cover the dough with a cling wrap then place it in the refrigerator overnight hours to chill, this is required for best results. If you want it a bit faster, I suggest chilling it not less than 4 hours.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, using an ice cream scoop, get a portion of a dough like scooping some ice cream, lightly roll them to form a nice sphere.
- Place dough balls in a cookie sheet lined with baking paper, press the middle part with your finger creating a shallow indentation, place a teaspoon of the strawberry jam in that indentation then bake in a 160C preheated oven for 14 – 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, it will be very soft at this stage, set it aside for 10 minutes then transfer it into a wire rack to completely cool down.