Cheesy Baked Salmon is a salmon dish where whole salmon steaks are lightly seasoned with garlic, pepper, lemon and salt, then topped with creamy mayonnaise, bechamel sauce and quick melt cheese then baked until top turns golden brown.
- Prepare your bechamel first. Melt butter in a pot over low heat then stir in flour, mix until consitency is even and flour is cooked.
- Gradually pour milk while constantly mixing, continue stirring until sauce becomes smooth and thick.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat then set it aside.
- Rub minced garlic and lemon juice into salmon steak then season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place salmon fillet, skin side down, on a baking sheet lined with baking paper or an oven proof serving platter.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on top of salmon steak.
- Pour bechamel sauce on top, then top it further with quick melt cheese.
- Bake in a 200C preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, then broil for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle chopped parsley on top then serve.