Potato with Salted Egg Yolk is a Chinese dish of twice cooked potatoes, first by lightly coating it with seasoned cornstarch then tossing it in a creamy, mildly spiced salted duck egg yolks.
- In a bowl combine sugar, salt, and white pepper, add the potatoes and toss.
- Add the beaten egg and stir to coat potatoes evenly.
- Place cornstarch on a shallow plate then gently roll potatoes to evenly coat in a thin layer of cornstarch.
- In a wok heat enough oil for deep frying, once oil hits 180C deep fry potatoes until golden brown.
- Remove from wok, drain potatoes of excess oil then set it aside.
- Prepare the egg yolk sauce, using the same wok remove but 3 tablespoons of oil then sauté garlic, chillies and curry leaves until aromatic.
- Add mashed egg yolks and milk, cook until it starts to foam, reduce heat to low then add the potatoes. Stir to coat.
- Remove from heat then serve.