Crispy Prawn Tacos is a Mexican handheld dish prepared with lightly grilled flour tortillas filled with deep fried crispy prawns, avocadoes, radish, and coriander.
- 24 pcs large prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
Pickled Red Onion
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Prepare your pickled red onion by combining all pickled red onion ingredients in a bowl, mix well then set it aside.
- Prepare the crispy prawn. In a bowl combine prawns, egg and salt, mix well then set aside.
- Place the rest of the crispy prawn ingredients in a container you can cover. Cover the container then shake to mix.
- Open the container, add four pieces of prawn at a time, cover the container then shake to coat the prawns evenly. Remove the prawn then place in a plate. Repeat this process with the remaining prawns.
- Cook prawns in a 180C preheated deep fryer by heating oil for deep frying in a wok. Cook prawns for 3-5 minutes or until prawns are cooked and crispy. Remove from the fryer then set it aside in a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- Prepare your taco. Heat flour tortilla over stove top either on open flame or over a dry pan. Once heated place tortilla in a serving plate.
- Put a teaspoonful of mayonnaise and spread it on the taco. Place 3 slices of avocadoes on top, followed by 3 slices of radish, Top it with 4 pieces of the cooked prawn. Garnish with coriander and pickled onions then drizzle some sriracha sauce on top then serve.