Pandan Mamon is a Filipino dessert and/or snack mini sponge cake made with flour and fluffed up eggs whites then flavoured with pandan essence giving it a soft aroma with hints of almond and vanilla.
- Using and mixer beat together egg yolks, ½ cup sugar and ⅓ cup water at high speed.
- Once the yolk mixture is evenly combined add baking powder, salt, flour, melted butter and buko pandan flavouring using low speed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine egg whites and cream of tartar then beat at high speed. Gradually add the remaining sugar a spoonful at a time and continue beating until stiff.
- Fold in the yolk and flour mixture into the egg white mixture.
- Place in muffin pans lined with muffin cups, add one leaf on each pan then pour batter until ¾ full.
- Bake on a preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked generously brush mamon with melted butter on top this makes the top sticky when it sets.