Chao Pat Chin is a Filipino Chinese dish of stir-fried vegetables, seafood, and meats. It is almost similar to chopseuy, but the cooking method used on this dish leaves the vegetables crisp and not overcooked.
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 8 pcs baby corn, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 250 g prawns
- 250 g squid, sliced
- 250 g chicken breast, velveted
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Blanch broccoli for 90 seconds over rolling boiling water, remove from heat, drain water then place it in an ice bath to stop cooking.
- In a wok heat oil to medium then sauté garlic and onions.
- Bring the heat to high, add carrots and baby corn then stir fry for two minutes.
- Add prawns and squid then cook for a minute.
- Add the red capsicum and chicken then continue to stir fry for two minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients then pour it into the wok, bring it to a boil then add the chicken. Simmer in high heat for a minute then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Toss in the cashews then serve.