Currywurst is a German style street food prepared with grilled Bratwursts served with bread rolls called Brötchen, French Fries and curry powder
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 pcs Bratwursts, grilled or pan fried
- curry powder, to garnish
- French fries
- Curry Ketchup, instructions below
- In a pan add oil then sauté garlic and onions in low heat, cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add curry powder and paprika then cook for additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the rest of the Curry Ketchup ingredients, bring heat to medium then let it slowly boil. Once it boils lower the heat then simmer for 15 minutes in low heat stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, let it cool down then using and immersion blender puree the ketchup until smooth and even in texture. Let the mixture cool completely then let the flavours develop by refrigerating it for a day before using.
- To make Currywurst, cook bratwurst according to packet instructions. Once cooked, remove from pan the cut them into bite sized pieces, place in a serving platter, served with curry ketchup on top.
- Drizzle curry powder on top, place French fries on the side then serve.