Ttukbaegi Bulgogi is a Korean beef soup dish prepared with marinated beef called Bulgogi together with carrots, mushrooms and Dangmyeon Noodles cooked in an earthenware pot called Ttukbaegi.
- 1 kg beef rib eye or sirloin, thinly sliced
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 cup mirin
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- In a large container with cover, combine all marinade ingredients together, mix well. Add the beef make sure each beef piece is covered with marinade. Cover your container then place in the refrigerator and let it marinate overnight.
- One hour before cooking, place Dangmyeon noodles in a bowl pour cold water until everything is covered. Before you start cooking, drain noodles then set it aside.
- Usually Ttukbaegi is single serve so you will need 8 pots for this, if you don’t have the single serve ones you can cook it in a larger pot. Pour 1/2 cup of beef stock and 1/2 cup of water on each small pot or if using a larger pot just pour the right amount for your pot using an equal ratio for beef stock and water.
- Add the mushrooms then bring it to a boil.
- Add beef together with its marinade enough for the pot you are using. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the onions, carrots and noodles then simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Turn heat off then serve topped with spring onions and one egg yolk per bowl.