Chocolate Chip Cookies is an American cookie snack prepared with basic cookie dough which contains flour, sugar, butter, eggs and baking soda studded with chopped chocolate chips or chopped chocolates.
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another bowl mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla in the butter sugar mixture, whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture with the flour mixture and using a spatula mix until combined, dough will be soft but thick. Fold the chocolate chunks.
- Cover the dough with a cling wrap then place it in the refrigerator overnight hours to chill, this is required for best results. If you want it a bit faster I suggest chilling it not less than 4 hours.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, using an ice cream scoop, get a portion of a dough like scooping some ice cream, lightly roll them to form a nice sphere.
- Place dough balls in a cookie sheet lined with baking paper then bake in a 160C preheated oven for 14 – 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, it will be very soft at this stage, set it aside for 10 minutes then transfer it into a wire rack to completely cool down.