Baked Feta Pasta is a viral recipe called uunifetapasta made famous in Finland by Liemessa that is prepared simply by baking feta and tomatoes then when ready cooked pasta is tossed on it.
- 200 g dried macaroni pasta, cooked according to packet instructions, reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid
- 2 x 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 200 g block feta cheese
- handful fresh basil, roughly chopped plus more for serving
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a baking dish place cherry tomatoes and olive oil, season it with salt, freshly ground pepper and minced garlic then toss to coat tomatoes with oil.
- Place a whole block of feta in the middle, flip it to coat it with the seasoning and olive oil.
- Bake in a 200C preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the cherry tomatoes burst and the feta cheese melts.
- Remove baking tray from oven, immediately add the chopped basil leaves and cooked pasta, toss everything to combine, if you want a bit of moisture to you dish add some of the reserved cooking liquid.
- Serve, garnish with extra basil leave and enjoy while hot.