Kareng Ingles is a Filipino dish prepared with chicken and tropical vegetables such as snake beans, okra and bok choy in coconut milk.
- 1 kg chicken thighs and legs
- 1 can 400 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 12 pcs okra
- 1 bunch snake beans, sliced into 2-inch sections
- 1 bunch bok choy, trimmed
- 4 pcs long green chillies
- 1 thumb sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce or sea salt
- ground black pepper
- In a pot heat oil and sauté garlic, onions, and ginger. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes in high heat browning all sides.
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add snake beans and okra, simmer for 5 minutes
- Add green chillies and bok choy, cover, and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground pepper.